Monday, May 13, 2013

Last day of school... and more!

Cecilia's last day of Mother's Day Out was last week before the summer break. BIG TEAR for Ceci and Mommy!:( There were a few other summer program options, but I didn't want to throw her into a new atmosphere (and back) for just six weeks. Plus the times didn't really work for us. Ceci AND Les (whoohoo:)) will start back in the fall. Les will start after he turns one. Then I will have some real free time during the week.;) A few hours will be nice! I might actually be able to exercise! I need to get moving!

Not many updates other than Cecilia being totally hilarious these days. She says so much cute stuff, I can't keep up!! I did go on a girls' trip to San Fran, which was amazing!! I had THE best time. I also had a baby shower luncheon for Maurie, a baby shower for my cousin having twin boys and co-hosted but didn't attend a wedding shower for Molly who lives in Atlanta. Those were all in the same week! I also co-hosted a baby shower but was in San Fran so couldn't attend that one... I am co-hosting three more baby showers in the next two months! WHEW! Don't drink the water!!!:):) In fact, one of Cecilia's recent quotes was "I want a baby sister!" Say waaaaaaa?! She must be hanging out with Ella too much (Maurie's daughter who is about to be a big sister to a baby sister.) I almost dropped out when C said that. Jonathan and I would like to have more children in the future, but we plan to let Les be the baby for a little while. I don't want to rob him of "his time!"

Some Ceci funnies:

She came home from the last day of MDO, and we were at Mam-ma's. We asked her if she had fun and who she hugged (her teacher Miss Jennifer said she was giving out hugs and kisses like it was her job.) She said, "I kiss Wren. Dats dangerous!!" OH MY GOODNESS. I was crying I was laughing so hard.

She sings, and sings and sings. She finds it difficult to end her serenades. For instance, she will sing "oh Mister Sun, sun, Mister Golden Sun please shine down on... please shine down on.... please shine down on... please shine down on.... please shine down on..." and never end it. Then if I tell her, ok last song then bed time, she will keep singing songs back to back then make up her own words if she runs out of songs. She's a smarty pants!

The other morning she woke up in a particularly good mood and started shouting, "I LUB YOU JESUS, I LUB YOU, JESUS!!" from her playroom.

When I was in San Fran, C stayed at my Mom's. The first day she woke up and told my Mom, "good morning, I want biscuit Old MacDonald." Ok, ok. I admit, I do take her to McDonald's on occasion. Don't we all?!?!

One of her all time favorite tunes is "Jesus loves me"... She learned a version at school that gives a little edge to it.:) "Yes, Jesus loves me UHHHH (a quick "uh" with a two arm fist pump) Yes, Jesus loves me UHHHH, Yes, Jesus loves me UHHHH, the biiiiible tellsssss meeee soooo..... (again, she's ending her songs on a dramatic note).

When I make her laugh, she points and shakes her finger at me and says "you crack me up!!"

Tonight we were all outside playing, and I got on a riding toy with her (yes, I did) and we both sped down the hill (to my pleasant surprise it didn't shatter into pieces)... so fun Mommy, right?! Well on the way back up the driveway, she says "Mommy not nice. Daddy nice." I said, "Mommy isn't nice?" She said "no. Mommy is bad. Daddy is sweet." Oh MY goodness!!! And WHO does the heavy lifting around here?! Yours truly! Ohhhhh, Daddy's little girl!

In the car this week I told her I was going to pull over and spank her (yes, we spank), and she said "all I do is talking." Les was taking a nap and she was screaming "wake up, Les... wake up, Les... then threw a plastic toy at him." I giggled to myself at "all I do is talking." Fifteen minutes later in that car ride, Les started crying (probably because he got nailed with a toy phone) and she said "almost home, Les. Peeeease stop crying Les. Pease stop, Les." Well, Ceci! Maybe she's learning some more cause and effect. You wake him up, he cries, and we all want him to stop!

I took C on a date this week to a local ice cream shop, and she was in heaven... singing and dancing to the music, on a sugar high, etc. We even went to the mall afterward (to get Mommy some new undergear;)), and man, was she on that sugar!! Anyway, when we were at the ice cream shop, there was another little girl sitting next to us and after a few mins of staring at her, C says "I go make her fall down." I said, "what did you say?" She said, "I go make her fall down." That was, of course, followed by a talk about being nice to other people. I told her Daddy about this incident, so when he got home he asked her about it. He asked why she would say something like that, and she said "because I don't like her." WELL, my goodness. We are being mean at TWO. I already see the necessity in having serious talks with her about being nice to her "friends" and classmates!

She has officially memorized "The Foot Book" by Dr. Seuss. Daddy puts her down every night and they read "Green Eggs and Ham" and "The Foot Book." You point to the picture, and she says every word. It is pretty amazing. She either has a great memory or knows how to read.;);)

And sweet old Les... can't leave that guy out. He is ALL OVER THE PLACE. I never experienced this with Ceci. I'd put a large blanket down with toys, and she would stay on it all day. Les... the blankets were put away fairly quickly. Lately, you can find him under the coffee table, under Ceci's slide, crawling from room to room or his all time favorite... finding any and every ball in the house. He will bulldoze no less than 75 toys to get to a soccer ball or any other ball he sees. Shocking that at this age they can really be "all boy." I guess I can see that now! Oh and he weighs almost 21 lbs (8 mo old) and Ceci (2.5 yrs) is only 25-26 lbs!

Recent pics...

Barney zombies after bathtime...

My little diva on our ice cream date...

Sweet Miss Jennifer!! Last day of school:(

Sweet Miss Heidi!!

Pizza Paaaaaartaaaaay!!!

Ceci's "say cheese" face. Oh my!
Miss Heidi, Ceci, Anna, Shelby, Miss Jennifer & Ella

Her first "school" pic!! I had to buy the package at MDO.
And look how cute this turned out! She is such a little ham!

When Mommy's away, the boy will play! Our tough man posing on Aunt Diana and Uncle Tab's motorcycle!

Chunky man living it up!! 

Les thinks Papa is one cool dude!!!

Sam Fran!! Jessica, Natalie, Justice, Brittany, Chrissy

Cakebread Winery in Napa

Leaving school and ready for the afternoon showers! In style!
Ella, Shelby & Ceci

Ceci & Uncle David on our lunch date to Papitos!! She loved her cheese dip!

Mommy & Les having some fun while sister is sleeping

Putting Daddy to "work" before work! Poor Daddy! No rest for that man!! He carried these two down the stairs like that!! Since he doesn't have time to hit the gym, that will have to do.;) We have one great Daddy!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete