Wow, I have been awful at blogging lately! I just posted our swim lessons pics... now onto another! I have been to Austin (bachy), San Fran (girls trip), Atlanta (wedding) and Philadelphia (U.S. Open) all in a matter of a few months. I have one other girls' overnight stay on the Coast soon... and one overnight date night to the Alabama concert at The Wharf in Orange Beach then I'm DONE... until we schedule the beach trip with the kids.;) Aghhhh. Summer! Summers are so fun yet so exhausting... and I only see that getting worse as the kids develop a busier social schedule than their parents. (Ok, so I started this post a couple weeks ago. The Wharf and 4th are past me. Posting pics on those soon!:))
Cecilia and Les are just hilarious. Ceci keeps me rolling every day. She's such a priss. Aunt Leah painted her nails this past weekend at the fish camp. They were SO cute! She is such a big girl. Tear!!:( Posting about the fish camp weekend coming soon!
Kiddo funnies!!:
"Good morning, good morning, good morning sweet [insert name here]...!!!" She wakes up and swings her arms out and sings this song. She made it up.
"Happy Mudder's Day"... So cute. We were in Philadelphia for the US Open on Father's Day. Well actually traveling back that day, and the sitters had Ceci call Jonathan. We heard them say "say Happy Father's Day" in the background but all she could get out was "Happy Mudder's Day...":):)
Every time I ask her what she did (at Mam-ma's, at Mother's Day Out, etc). "We paid (played)..."
"Good job, Les. High five, Les." She is (sometimes) sweet to Les. When she is, she will tell him to say Dada or Mama. It is so funny. She says "say Dada, Les. Say Dada." When he starts babbling, she says "good job, Les. High five, Les."
"Stop crying, Les. Almost home. Almost there." You can tell she likes Les fussing in the car seat as much as I do. He does NOT like to be confined.
"Oh darn. Let's try again." We were throwing the ball, and when she would drop it, that would come out. It was hilarious.
No quote but a funny... she colored on Les' face and head with crayons. They both thought it was funny. He thought it was funny because she was laughing so hard, so he was laughing. Little did he know what the fuss was all about. Poor, Les!
And on a typical mean streak... she got her potty treat (an m&m and gummy bear) and he barely reached his hand toward her, and before I could blink she pushed his head backward and he literally flew backward onto the wood floor (was sitting Indian style). Again, poor, baby Les! Won't be long until he can defend himself, then I'll be blogging, poor Ceci!
We are deep in the potty training process, and we are very close to big girl panties. Pull ups are still in use. Mommy needs to get mentally prepared for the switch. Anyway, throughout this process, I would use the bathrm (and of course like any stay-at-home-Mom, you use the bathrm with your kids). After I finish she always says "good job, Mommy. I so proud of you."
She wanted a popsicle the other day. Well, she goes to the freezer and turns around and says "we're out of popsicles. Oh darn. I'm sorry, guys." It was quite funny - just the delivery and use of "guys."
THE funniest thing she has said in the past couple months was/is "What am I talking 'bout?" Then she would answer with herself hands/arms out and a shrug of her shoulders "I don't know." HILARIOUS.
Jonathan took her swimming the other day, and she came back and told me"I no cry no more. I stick my head under water." Sweet girl. She's finally getting brave.:)
The other morning we read a book my Dad and Stepmom gave her called "I love my Daddy because..." Then at end I said why do you love Daddy? She said "I love Daddy 'cause he works hard. I love him so so much." It made me tear up. Adorable. She LOVES her Daddy beyond words. I wouldn't have it any other way.
"I so beautiful." She doesn't have a lack of confidence. When I tell her she's pretty or that I like her hair, outfit, etc. She says "thanks." Almost as if she's like "duh, thanks.":)
Her newest favorite deal, especially at dinner when she is trying to get attention is to say "shhhhhh. Be quiet, Les. Baby dragon is sleeping, Les. You wake baby dragon up, Les. Shhhhhh. Mommy, shhhhhh. Dragon is sleeping!!"
Ok, so the last and latest SUPER funny was at dinner for Jonathan's birthday. I cooked (yes, it was good and nobody got sick) and had Jonathan's parent's and sister over for dinner. The day before the kids had been over at Mam-ma's, and Ceci refused to take a nap. Jonathan asked his Mom why she didn't make her and why didn't she just spank her. Ceci turned to Jonathan in a shocked/matter-of-fact manner/with furrowed brow and said "Why you tell Mam-ma to spank me?" It was SO SO funny. That girl listens to EVERYTHING!
Pics below and more posting about latest to come!!
Helping me pack for Philadelphia. They are such great helpers. I get everything done in record time.;)
The morning we left for Atlanta.
Molly's Wedding! Laura & I
The Groom!
Us!
Friends from USM... Love these guys!
U.S. Open
Happies from the U.S. Open... hats!
Future golfer...
She is too cool.
His first Cheeto!:)
Daddy/daughter love. Can't replace these moments!!
No comments:
Post a Comment