Gosh, I really don't even know where to catch up on the latest funnies from these sweeties.
Cecilia has been getting in trouble quite a bit lately. Jonathan and I have really had a time with her (even though both kids listen to their Daddy much better than they do me... ugh. I guess I'm needing to exert my rightful authority a bit more than the current state.) Anyhow, when C gets in trouble and gets worked up, in the midst of her sobbing, she will say "I need to calm down." It really tickles me. I guess Jonathan and I say that all too much.:)
She has a boyfriend at "school" named Rickey. It was all fun and games until Rickey "pushed her down" one day. According to the teacher, she claimed Rickey pushed her, so the teacher made Rickey hug Ceci and apologize. Well, then she kept telling the teacher "Rickey pushed me," and the teacher vowed it to be a fib... but as soon as the teacher asked Ceci if she needed another hug, she all too quickly said "yes." So even early on, the manipulation commences. Whoa!
"WATCH DIS TRICK" & "WATCH DIS GAME" = The recent favorites of this little diva. Everything is "watch dis game, Daddy," "watch dis trick, Mommy." It is usually followed by a very uneventful feat of dare. But of course Mommy and Daddy make over it as if she just performed a task worthy of Olympic gold!
"I pooted softly." Well, this speaks for itself. Hilarious.
"5 more minutes." Everything is 5 more minutes ---- playing, eating, sleeping, bathing, etc.
"I smell something." This is also too funny. We will be loading up the car and she says she "smells something." When I ask what it is, it can be anything from mosquitoes to flowers to somebody pooted. Yes, she "smells mosquitoes."
"I'm going to do it myself and dats it." Miss Independent wants to do everything by herself. Saying I'm going to do it myself is cute but following it with "and dats it" just rounds it out.
We moved her to a big girl bed this month!!! So far, so good. One night she did wake a few times, one of which she was standing next to her bed with her blanket saying "I got lost." Sweet girl.:( She will adjust. It hasn't been too grueling.
In other news: We went to Napa; JoJo came in town this week so I could go to Mardi Gras practice (super fun visit); Cecilia had her first "school program" and she was a superstar!!!; Ceci was a flower girl in cousin Jessica's wedding; Chrissy, Jonathan and I took a trip to Ole Miss; Hmmm... among other things. And posts to come!!
Random assortment of pics below!:)
Reading with sweet Mam-ma! Both so attentive (for about 45 seconds)
Doc McCeci at your service! She has been checking our ears, nose and throat every day for a month.
Mommy went to Houston for a bachelorette party, and Daddy was on duty (with the help of Mam-ma and Papa). Daddy and Ceci went to the zoo! Riding the concrete ant...
Papa & Les = Jailbirds on the loose
In Houston. Catching up with Julie. Love her!
The bride-to-be, Paula!
Did I mention Ceci started DANCE?! She is such a sweet dancer.
Having fun with her dance partner, Macey
This boy can make a mess. This is a good day.
Jonathan and I went to the Coast for a dinner honoring Uncle Jeff. The punchline above refers to the fact our family owns funeral homes. Bahaha (not)
Trying on sissy's shades and having fun!
A pic from our sweet sitter, Mary Kathryn
Ella & Ceci at their Saturday morning breakfast with Daddies. Ritual still going strong after almost two years!
Another breakfast morning:)
No comments:
Post a Comment