Friday, September 4, 2015

USM Bid Day 2015!!

I am now loving the tradition of taking Ceci to Bid Day at Southern Miss, right in our hometown, which fortunately for me is the university I graduated from where I was a Kappa Delta. I remember those days like yesterday and oh how I miss it!! I was such a nerd in school (hee hee, I loved to study and be super involved in every organization on campus (and be an officer in those clubs ;)). I had many friends in all sororities by joining so many orgs, and it paid off with lifelong friends today, not just Kappa Deltas. My hope is that Ceci has a similar experience, as well as my boys. College is an amazing, one-of-a-kind experience and I hope they are ALL IN! Since I am writing this for my kiddos, I wanted to include my involvement, so they knew what Mommy did... once. And I promise I was cool, although they will NEVER believe that.;);) This was my resume right out of college (ignore the copy and paste formatting issues).:) Daddy's will be posted soon too. 

Education
University of Mississippi, Masters of Accountancy
                                         To be conferred, August 2005
University of Southern Mississippi, Bachelor of Science in Business 
        Administration , August 2004
             -  Honors College
             - Magna Cum Laude, 3.7  GPA
     - Accounting Major
University of Southern Mississippi Study Abroad Program
     - Kings College, London, England, Summer 2003

Experience
Congressional Internship with Representative Gene Taylor
- Summer 2003 in Washington, D.C.
Southern Miss Provost Office Assistant
- August 2001 – August 2004   

Honors and Awards

Homecoming Queen 2003
The University of Southern Mississippi’s Hall of Fame
       -     Awarded to only ten graduating students at USM for superb performance in academics, extracurricular activities, campus leadership, and community service
Who’s Who Among American Colleges and Universities
Kappa Delta Vicki French Memorial Award 2000
-     Awarded by active members as model new member
Kappa Delta Outstanding Freshman Member Award 2001
Kappa Delta Ruth Hill Hall Memorial Award 2002
-     Highest Big Sister/Little Sister GPA for the year
President’s List
  -     Five Semesters
Dean’s List
-     Three Semesters
Business Advisory Council Scholar
Alfred Breeland Scholar
Participant in first annual Next Generation Democratic Summit, 
-     Washington, D.C
Campus and Community Involvement
Kappa Delta Sorority, Beta Sigma Chapter
- Philanthropy Chair
- Pledge Class Secretary
- Sisterhood Enrichment Team Leader
- Leadership Excellence Chairman
- Slate Committee
Gamma Rho Chi Recruitment Counselor
- Disaffiliated from sorority to mentor 30 potential new members during recruitment
Panhellenic Executive Council
Vice President of Philanthropy
Student Government Association
Legislative Affairs Committee
Research and Development Committee Chairman
Freshman Associates
Senator for College of Business and Economic Development
Southern Style Orientation Team
Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Honor Society
Beta Alpha Psi Accounting Fraternity
Business Student Advisory Council 
-     Undergraduate Accounting Representative
Order of Omega Greek Honorary
The Legacy 
-     Southern Miss Student Alumni Association.
Freshman Orientation Director
-      2002 & 2003
Leadership Scholarship Interview Team
-     2002, 2003, & 2004
Eagle Connection Student Recruiter
Golden Key International Honour Society
Lambda Sigma Sophomore Academic and Leadership Society
- Secretary
- Junior Advisor
- Care Package Team Leader
Junior Panhellenic Board
Golden Girls Football Hostesses
-    Homecoming Committee Chairman
Greek Seekers
Alpha Lambda Delta National Honor Society
Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society
American Scholars National Honor Society
Gamma Beta Phi Society
All American Scholar Collegiate
Gulf Coast Debutante Society Member

Volunteer Experience
Shamrock Prevent Child Abuse America Event
Cystic Fibrosis Great Strides Sports Challenge
American Heart Association
-   Team Captain for Annual Heart Walks
Girl Scouts of the USA
DREAM
Hattiesburg Boys and Girls Club
Academic Tutor for Athletic Enhancement Program
Special Olympics Facilitator



One of my best friends, Leslie Waters, was a KD at Delta State, so she came along with her daughter (and Ceci's bestie) Lucy Kate... and of course our Kappa Delta honoree Vera. (She WILL be a KD one day. Certain).




My best friend Caroline drove up from Ocean Springs to see her cousin go Tri Delt. How sweet to see her if only for a moment!


 
These girls had way too much fun!!:)


 

Mesmerized by the big girls!












No comments:

Post a Comment