Happy Happy Birthday to my wonderful, amazing and hard-working husband Jonathan!! I knew I wanted to do something special for his 30th. This definitely turned into a full-out party. It was all well worth it... even if my 30 week pregnant swollen feet still have yet to recover. Wow. It was a long night for this mama!
This party was months in the making!! I had some help, thank goodness. My decorator and caterer are so wonderful... and the bartenders were amazing. I had the party at our friend David Fortenberry's, and he was the BIGGEST help. He had kids scrubbing the floors of his garage the day before, had them hand wash and dry all the wine/beer glasses for the event, had them direct vehicles for parking and help the entire night with whatever I needed. A huge thanks to him. He also had a few good ideas along the way like the mist fans which were added at the 11th hour to my rental order. In record breaking heat, I guess you could say these were a hit!;)
Friends, friends and more friends!! I was so excited with the turnout. It was come and go but we had right under 100 throughout the night. Great turnout for Jonathan!! He is loved by many!! And a huge thanks to all his friends who came from afar to attend. He hasn't seen these college friends in quite some time, and I was SO excited they could attend. It was some work to keep this a surprise, but we managed to do it. And they were even able to mingle at my house before being shuttled over to the party that evening. Thanks to Jonathan's family for keeping him occupied that day.
Surprise gift!! So this was exciting, given that I didn't "get" Jonathan anything for his birthday.;) One of his friends called the day of the party saying a gift was being delivered to the house (party). Well, when the XL Big Green Egg arrived I was stunned. I'm not much into BGEs:), but I do know these are very nice. Six of his friends/co-workers all split the cost. Thanks, guys!! VERY nice surprise gift to add to the night!!
And now for the YUMMY menu, compliments of Fran Ginn, The Back Door Cafe in Columbia, MS. She always does an amazing job, and this party was no different! I requested a "cajun" theme, and boy did she deliver!! Delicious!! Fran had these menu cards printed for the serving area... Nobody left hungry!!
Happy Birthday, Jonathan!
Pulled Pork Poboys
Jambalaya with Tasso
Mamaw’s Smothered Chicken
Seafood Potato Salad
“Wop” Salad
French Bread
Alligator and Pork Sausage
Smothered Crawfish and Pork Sausage
Natchitoches Meat Pies
Back Door Tomato Sandwiches
Crawfish Pies
Boudin Balls
And the cake table...!!! Rather than opting for one big cake, I did five cakes - strawberry, coconut, italian creme, caramel and chocolate. This gave the guests a little variety - as well making the cake table colorful!! I had five baby pictures of Jonathan framed, on top of burlap decor. Did I remember to get a picture of the food, cakes or decor/greenery? No!:( What a busy night!!
I'm so glad I gave the camera to my friend Maurie Hartel or I'm afraid I wouldn't have snapped a single shot! I handed over the camera right before Jonathan showed up for the "surprise," and she took some great pictures!
The invitation was done by Joanna Keith of Unink Design, LLC. She does a fabulous job!!
I had these cute little huggies made...
Ok, this is hilarious. Jonathan's friend Derek had this made for people to sign. The thinking bubble over Jonathan's head is RIGHT ON.
Had to include this pic of Forrest. He cracks me up!
We had everyone gather by the garage area before Jonathan arrived... this was a good crowd who all got there around 6 pm for the "surprise" at 6:45!! We had a lot come and go throughout the night.
The birthday boy was delivered by JJ (Jonathan Jones) and Paula!! They are the best!!
Jonathan's reaction was just what I expected - total shock and a little smirky grin.;)
I thought it would be ok for C to join us for the "surprise." Daddy was excited to see her!!
Uncle Ben (and Uncle Josh) helped take care of the rascal.
C was showing Uncle Ben some of her dance moves.
And more dance moves...
Jonathan and his Mom. His Dad left two days before the party for his annual study abroad trip to London.:( Thanks to Mam-ma for keeping the rascal that day and night!!
Fun times!!
The Duhon Family (less Big D)... C finishes blowing her kiss in the next pic.;)
SO glad all these guys made it in town!! L to R: Eric, Matt, Josh, Derek, Chuck, Chris & Jonathan
Love these girls!! L to R: Brittany, Amanda & Chrissy
Forrest & Maurie
The fun band!!
Jonathan's friend/co-worker from Boston made it in town!! John Maestranzi. I LOVE this guy!!
Leah & Josh
What a fun and memorable night!!
Happy Birthday, D!!
Happy Birthday, D!!
Great Party!! It was so nice outside, amazingly, and so great to see everyone and catch up. So sad that the year of the surprise parties is over for another 10 years! :(
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to Jonathan!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Great party Justice, you did an awesome job!! I know Jonathan was surprised! Happy Birthday Jonathan!
ReplyDeleteMiss ya'll!!
SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!
ReplyDelete